Bentonville - (479) 273-9299
Rogers - (479) 202-4886
Mission and Values
Cat Friendly Practice
Exams & Vaccination
Boarding and Daycare
Medical & Surgical
What To Expect
Behind the Scenes
Job Shadow Request
Select a Location
All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Mission Statement:
To allow local students the opportunity to experience the field of veterinary medicine.
What is a job shadow?
A job shadow allows students with an interest in veterinary medicine the opportunity to witness the job in a real-life situation. The job shadow is a short term unpaid learning experience which gives students the opportunity to:
• explore their career interest outside the classroom setting
• evaluate the different types of veterinary careers
• ask All Pets Animal Hospital (APAH) employees questions related to their position, experience and education
• celebrate the human-animal bond with the APAH team
• observe surgical procedures, inpatient nursing procedures, laboratory testing, and other procedures that may be scheduled that day. Students under 18 are not allowed to be present while radiographs are being taken.
• Job shadowing is primarily observation, but as time allows and where safety permits, students will be allowed to have some hands-on experiences.
What are the rules for job shadowing?
• Job shadow candidates will be between 11-25 years of age. (Parents, please consider your child’s level of maturity and ability to follow instructions before submitting a Job Shadow application on their behalf.)
• Job shadows will be accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3 pm (times may vary depending on the needs of the student and APAH schedule).
• Job shadows must wear closed-toed, non-slick shoes. Jeans without holes or rips are acceptable.
• Job shadows may bring a sack lunch to the hospital and eat in our break room. Refrigerator and microwave are provided. Students under 18 are not allowed to leave the premises except with their parent or guardian.
• Students will be expected to follow all instructions given to them by any employee of All Pets Animal Hospital. Students who interfere with patient care or do not respond to requests intended to ensure their safety or the safety of our employees or our patients will have their Job Shadow experience terminated and their parent/guardian will be called to pick them up.
• Students may not remove any patients from their kennels without explicit permission from an APAH employee.
• Students are allowed to have their cell phones with them, but they may not photograph our patients or any medical procedures.
• Students will be given the opportunity to see veterinary medicine in real life. They are encouraged to ask questions, and become involved in procedures to the extent they may safely participate. These activities cannot take place while students are texting or talking on their phones, therefore use of cell phones is strongly discouraged except during planned breaks or lunch.
How may I be considered to job shadow?
• All potential Job Shadow candidates must submit the Application below. If the Job Shadow is under 18 the application must be submitted by a parent or guardian. Read the sample Liability Release. A parent or guardian will be asked to sign this form in person before your child will be allowed to shadow.
• Once accepted, you will be contacted by Traci Easter, APAH Assistant Manager to confirm acceptance. Please do not assume acceptance until you have been contacted.
• Once all Job Shadow arrangements have been made, the parent/guardian will be asked to come in person to our hospital to sign the Liability Release (sample below.) The parent/guardian may sign the Release the morning they drop off their student to shadow, or before the scheduled date, but the student will not be allowed to shadow until the Release has been signed
Date you would like to job shadow
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
Name of School (attend)
Name of student
Age of student
Gender of student
Phone number where parent/guardian may be contacted between 8am – 3pm
Email of parent/guardian
Emergency Contact (in case we cannot reach the parent listed above)
Phone Number of Emergency Contact
Please complete the following medical information and explain if necessary: Does the Job Shadow have any of the following?
Please list any other concerns
Please list any behaviors/special needs our staff should be aware of:
Please list any medications we should be aware of:
Liability Release Form (sample – Must sign in person on-site at All Pets Animal Hospital.) JOB SHADOWS AND/OR PARENTS OF JOB SHADOWS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE REQUIRED TO READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND SIGN BELOW.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
I understand and acknowledge that participation in the Job Shadow Program could pose a risk to my or any child. I discharge All Pets Animal Hospital and all officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers/interns of the organization, acting officially or otherwise, from any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action in which any way arise from my or my minor’s participation in the Job Shadow Program with All Pets Animal Hospital.
I give permission for my child or myself to be treated by a health provider, first aid response, health supervisor, and/or hospital in case of an emergency.
I give permission for photographs and/or video to be taken of my child or myself while participating in the Job Shadow Program. Any photographs or video taken will be used for publicity purposes only.
I hereby certify that to the best of knowledge and belief my child or myself is in good health and able to participate in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program.
I hereby certify that this form is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
The undersigned acknowledges that all participations in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program is a potentially dangerous activity involving RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, DEATH. Such risk may increase based upon any changes in number of guests and volunteers, types of projects performed, and weather conditions, etc. in general. In consideration of the Job Shadow Program with All Pets Animal Hospital permitting the named volunteer to participate in the Job Shadow Program, I hereby agree as follows:
The undersigned hereby RELEASES AND WAIVES any and all RIGHTS AND CLAIMS of any nature which said undersigned has or may have against All Pets Animal Hospital and its respective officers, employees, agents, volunteers and representative there of hereinafter referred to as Releases, which is any way arises out of or is related to participation in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program.
This includes the Release and Waiver, without limitation for DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE, or PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH the undersigned may suffer from any cause whatsoever related to participation in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program. The undersigned assumes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for any and ALL RISK OF ANY BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR DEATH which the undersigned may suffer while participating in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program, whether due to weather conditions or weather-related conditions, animals at the hospital and/or participants or ANY other causes. I further agree that I am solely responsible for payment of all costs resulting from rendering medical aid and ambulance services to the participant and I authorize that all necessary first aid steps may be taken as prescribed by qualified personnel.
The undersigned agrees to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD RELEASES HARMLESS from any and all liability, damage, cost or expense (including but not limited to attorney and witness fees) which may be incurred or suffered by them on account of any claim for death, personal injury but not limited to attorney and witness fees) which may be incurred or suffered by them on account of any claim for death, personal injury, damage to property or any damage caused by the undersigned’s participation in All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program.
I certify that the health information provided to All Pets Animal Hospital is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I am aware that volunteering with All Pets Animal Hospital Job Shadow Program may require physical exertion. I know that a Job Shadow may be required to lift up to forty pounds, and work with animals that may at times be unpredictable.
This is to certify that I have read, understood and agrees TO THE TERMS OUTLINED ABOVE
Contact Us Today!
Powered by Top Rated Local®